ANZ Tennis Hot Shots is the smart, fun way to learn and play tennis and introduces the sport of tennis in a fun and interactive way and ensures immediate success for young players aged 5-10. Using modified tennis balls, racquets and courts, young players are perfectly equipped to learn the fundamentals of the game and enjoy rallies from their very first lesson. Skills are developed much quicker, allowing for an easy transition to full court. Tennis Australia fully endorses ANZ Tennis Hot Shots.
It may not be the way you learned to play, but listed below are 10 reasons why ANZ Tennis Hot Shots is the best and most accepted way to learn to play tennis.
- Appropriate equipment – Courts, racquets and tennis balls are scaled to the size of the child.
- Greater skills – Balls bounce lower and travel slower, allowing children to develop technical fundamental skills faster.
- Play quicker – Children can serve, rally and score faster.
- Global – The International Tennis Federation (ITF) along with more than 45 countries in Europe, North America and others have adopted this approach which is now generally accepted as the best means for developing young tennis players. Also, many other sports such as baseball, soccer, and golf have been using the same scaled down approach to develop their young athletes for many years.
- Developmental practice opportunities – As they can rally, children will hit over more tennis balls than a player standing in line being fed balls by a coach.
- Tactical understanding – Players develop a greater tactical awareness of the tennis court and opponent sooner as they have time to coordinate the position of the opponent into a decision-making process, rather than just “hitting” the tennis ball.
- Pathway- as ball trajectories change and court dimensions increase Red, Orange and Green tennis provides a systematic approach that tennis players require to require for more advanced levels of technical and tactical skills.
- Move – ‘Players’ movement patterns are more realistic like a tennis match.
On top of these reasons, the Australia’s Physical Activity Recommendations for 5–12 Year olds states that children need to do at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day:
Benefits of physical activity for children include:
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Maintenance of a healthy weight
- Better sleep patterns
- Improved concentration
- Opportunities to make friends and enhance social skills.
Sounds like the perfect reason to sign up to get out and play some ANZ Tennis Hot Shots!
Sign up for your Free Intro Lesson by clicking https://www.hptennis.com.au/free-tennis-lesson to start your tennis journey today.